Work With Us
A Place Where Your Passion Can Thrive
At Elk River Guns, we’re more than just a gun shop – we’re a community of passionate shooters and hunters who share a love for firearms. We’re committed to providing our customers with the best possible experience, and we’re dedicated to building a team of individuals who share our passion and commitment. We value hard work, honesty, and integrity, and we’re proud of the culture we’ve built.
Check out our openings below, or reach out and introduce yourself. We are always open to new opportunities.
Join Our Team as a Firearms Sales Specialist
At Elk River Guns, we’re committed to providing our customers with the highest quality firearms and services. We’re also dedicated to building a team of passionate and knowledgeable individuals who share our commitment to excellence. If you’re looking for a career in firearms sales, we invite you to join our team and become a part of our growing family.
The Firearms Sales Specialist is responsible for maintaining Counter Sales and Customer Service for Firearms, Ammunition, and related Accessories. They perform various selling/customer service activities, including greeting and acknowledging all customers in a prompt and friendly manner, handling merchandise with care, providing information, assistance, and direction to customers.
- Support a strong commitment to world-class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by identifying and evaluating customers’ needs, making product recommendations based on this analysis, and demonstrating products and related accessories to customers.
- Insure 4473 Forms and related ATF forms are completed thoroughly and accurately.
- Organize and maintain Merchandise within the retail Store for Sales at Gun Counter
- Replenish product on shelves as required per merchandising guidelines.
- Remain knowledgeable of advertised sales, maintain pricing and signing.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices.
Submit your Resume
- Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 0-2 years of experience in Retail.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass a background check and be eligible to apply for/or receive a Permit to Carry in the State of Colorado. Applicants are encouraged to, but not required to obtain a Permit to Carry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Product knowledge of Firearms and Ammunition.
- Knowledge in ATF Federal and State Regulations.
- Customer Service and Sales of Firearms and Ammunition.
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift.
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, etc.
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds constantly, may occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed).
- $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
- In-person (Required)
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)